Friday, December 16, 2016

Minimizing Your Social Life


Do you ever just get overwhelmed with your online life?  I'm talking about all of it.  Noise comes at us in so many forms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Email, etc...you get the idea.  Don't get me wrong, I love social media.  My professional job requires me to be social online and that's ok.  My problem is that I have ADHD.  So. A lot of people do right?  The problem I have realized and I'm sure some others have to or if they haven't, maybe this post will give them insight.

I have realized that I tend to go full force into whatever I'm into...for the moment.  That means if I'm into cooking for example, I find myself following famous chefs Facebook profiles, blogs, Facebook groups, Instagram and Twitter not to mention sign up my email for every white page or free e-book there is known to man.  But, that moment is fleeting.  My attention is short lived.  I have had several side hustles including photography, stock styled photos, marketing coach, etc...you get the idea.  Whatever it is..I'm all in.

I'm an advertisers dream. I am who they target online. I click on ads if it's signaling the message of what I'm into.  I follow the Pinterest boards, the Twitter profiles, the every thing.  I am committed to that moment but what I'm left with is hundreds of emails, Pinterest boards, Twitter profiles, Facebook pages and Instagram posts that fill my feed so much that I don't see what I truly want to see.

 I have started the task of unsubscribing, un-liking, unfollowing and deleting all the noise that is not adding value to my life.  I removed myself from 52 Facebook groups!  As they come across, I unlike or unfollow accounts that I really don't want to follow.  Not everyone.  I stay loyal to the accounts that provide value to my life.  The others are just noise and clutter just like clutter in your home.

Drop a comment below of how do you manage your online life!






No comments:

Post a Comment