Friday, November 25, 2016

How it started

After my sister died 6 years ago, I held onto everything I had that she ever touched for fear I would lose the memory of her.  Fast forward 4 years later and my dad dies within 2 weeks of being diagnosed with cancer in the ER.  Again, I held onto his stuff because I thought it was like I was holding onto him and if I didn’t hoard all these things, I would lose the memory of him too.  My mom’s way of dealing with my dad’s death was to give away his things which meant the majority came to me.  I had all his cowboy boots, longhorns.  Not the school ACTUAL LONGHORNS.  The point is if it was his I kept it.  I kept a school project my sister did for my nephew.  The idea of getting rid of anything at all meant I was getting rid of them..so I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment